EVENT SAFETY PLANS
August 20th Zoology Ice Cream Social COVID-19 Event Plan
UBC COVID-19 Safety Plans
UBC COVID-19 Campus Rules
UBC Go Forward COVID-19 Safety Planning Training (Vancouver): mandatory training for faculty and staff currently working or returning to campus
REMINDERS (updated July 16, 2021)
- Masks are no longer mandatory, however we strongly recommend the continued use of masks.
- Pre-COVID occupancy levels are permitted across campus. Going forward there is no need to accommodate physical distancing within campus spaces (offices, labs, research space, etc.). However social distancing is still recommended in shared spaces (a.k.a maintaining “careful social contact”).
- Use of shared offices is allowed but we strongly encourage you to schedule your use with your colleagues – keep your windows opened.
- Check for symptoms every day before going onto campus. Anyone with cold-like symptoms or other symptoms of COVID should not come to work. However, there is no longer a requirement for you to record that you have completed the daily self assessment. There is a UBC Safe Vancouver app (https://srs.ubc.ca/health-safety/ubc-safe-vancouver-app/) or the BC CDC site (https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en) for help with the assessment.
- You still need to keep a record of when you arrived to work and when you leave to support any potential need for contact tracing. This can be as simple as an online spreadsheet or a physical sign-in sheet as many groups have already been doing.