Find a LOGO for the CSEE!
Dear CSEE members,
The Canadian Society for Ecology and Evolution is launching a contest to find a logo representing the Society. The logo will be used on our website, as well as for other official communications. The contest is open to graduate students and post-doctoral fellows who are members of the Canadian Society for Ecology and Evolution. Please circulate this information around! The First Prize is an award of $500 in support of research or travel expenses for attending the CSEE meeting.
1) Logo must include pictorial elements representing the fields of Ecology and Evolution.
2) If words or acronyms appear in the logo, they must be in both French and English (e.g., SCEE and CSEE).
3) Logo can be drawn on 21.6 x 27.9 cm sheets (8 ½ x 11 in). The logo must be reducible to appear as letterhead on official communications (max. 4 x 5 cm). If desired, a large and small version of the logo may be submitted.
4) Applicants must be current students or post-doctoral fellows and members of the CSEE at time of submission deadline.
5) Submit original logo artwork via email (email@example.com). Original work can be done using a computer program or by hand (any medium). If drawn by hand, please scan logo at high resolution (600 dpi) and submit file by email.
6) Applicants can submit only one logo.
7) Deadline for submitting artwork is March 1st 2007.
A jury composed of the Council Members of the Canadian Society for Ecology and Evolution will select three logos among those received by March 1st 2007. The CSEE Council will contact the three nominees in April 2007. Note that originals of the selected logos will be presented at the CSEE meeting in Toronto, and attending members will vote for the best logo. The results of the contest will be announced at the meeting. All rights associated with the winning logo will thenceforth be held by CSEE (including copyright). Note: If none of the received logos meet the criteria, the CSEE Council will call for a new round of submission for the contest.
Logo artwork will be judged based on the following criteria:
1) Clarity & efficiency of the logo (how well does it represent the CSEE?)
2) Quality of the artistic work
For additional information, please contact:
Marylène Boulet, Student/Post-doctoral Council member of CSEE
Phone: 919-660-7368 / 919-660-7364